Monumental Sports & Entertainment and Aramark, Verizon Center’s concessionaire, announce the final installment of their “Launch Test Kitchen” pop-up series with internationally acclaimed culinary pioneer and innovator, Chef José Andrés. To close out an exciting 2016-2017 season, José Andrés and ThinkFoodGroup are now offering a “greatest hits” menu of fan favorites from their previous pop-ups, including dishes from Beefsteak, Pepe food truck and Oyamel Cocina Mexicana.
Menu highlights include
– Beefsteak Tomato, Pickled Red Onions, Sprouts, Caper Herb Mayo, Olive Oil, Sea Salt, served on an Olive Oil Brioche Bun
– Hand battered fried chicken, with lettuce, piparra peppers, garlic aioli and spicy tomato sauce
Spanish Grilled Cheese
– Manchego, murcia, valdeón, membrillo & fresh goat cheese
– Yucatán-style pit barbecued Rocky Hollow Farms pork marinated with Mexican sour orange and pickled red onion
Papas al mole
– José’s favorite potato fries in a mole poblano sauce of almonds, chiles and a touch of chocolate, topped with Mexican cream and queso fresco
Guests will be able to enjoy ThinkFoodGroup’s most popular Launch Test Kitchen menu items now through the end of the Capitals and Wizards seasons. The Launch Test Kitchen is located by section 105 on the main concourse of Verizon Center.
ABOUT JOSE ANDRES:
Named one of Time’s “100 Most Influential People” and “Outstanding Chef” by the James Beard Foundation, José Andrés is an internationally-recognized culinary innovator, author, educator, television personality, humanitarian and chef/owner of ThinkFoodGroup. A pioneer of Spanish tapas in the United States, he is known for his avant-garde cuisine and his award-winning group of 27 restaurants throughout the country and beyond. His innovative minibar by José Andrés earned two Michelin stars in 2016 and with that, José is the only chef globally that has both a two-star Michelin restaurant and four Bib Gourmands. Andrés’ work has earned numerous awards including the 2015 National Humanities Medal, one of 12 distinguished recipients of the award from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
For more information visit
or follow on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram @thinkfoodgroup